Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] XSLT cannot find UnwrapLinks.so

On 11.12.2019 10:10, Frank Arensmeier wrote:
> When observing a HTML build with strace, I see a ridiculous large number of entries like this:
>
> stat("/usr/lib/libxslt-plugins/nwalsh_com_xslt_ext_com_nwalsh_saxon_UnwrapLinks.so", 0x7ffc9f117ee0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> That plugin seems dead (http://nwalsh.com/xslt/ext/com.nwalsh.saxon.UnwrapLinks <http://nwalsh.com/xslt/ext/com.nwalsh.saxon.UnwrapLinks>). Can someone shed some light on this? Why would you need that plugin? Can you download that plugin somewhere?

To me it seems that libxslt is trying to load Saxon extension -- perhaps
it does this during the following code
function-available('suwl:unwrapLinks')
As this extension is not suitable for libxslt nothing is done.

> We have very large HTML builds (80MB XML Docbook files). I am concerned that this might have a negative impact on build time.

I suppose with advanced filesystem caching available check for existence
of file should be very cheap operation. But if this is concern for you
you can try to delete all calls to
function-available('suwl:unwrapLinks') and corresponding branches in the
code and see if there is a difference.

				Jirka

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing