Subject: changing from xsltproc to saxon

When producing html output from my docbook I use the following fragment of a Makefile:

html:
                rm -rf site
                mkdir site
                cp css/* site
                cp js/* site
                xmllint --noent --xinclude \
                                module.xml > /tmp/docbresolved.xml \
                                2>./errloglint
                xsltproc \
                                --output site/ \
                                docbook.xsl \
                                /tmp/docbresolved.xml \
                                2>./errlogxslt && \
                tar czf site.tgz site/*
                echo "site.tgz ready for deployment"

This works, and it has worked for a long time. I write about coding, so I have some need to change to using saxon for added functionality with respect to linenumbering and code highlighting. The first step would be a 1:1 change, and I have tried:

html:
        rm -rf site
        mkdir site
        cp css/* site
        cp js/* site
        xmllint --noent --xinclude \
                module.xml > /tmp/docbresolved.xml \
                2>./errloglint
        java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet \
                -x org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader \
                -y org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader \
                -r org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver \
                -u \
                -o site/index.xhtml \
                /tmp/docbresolved.xml \
                /usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2/xhtml5/chunk.xsl \
                base.dir="site" \
                use.extensions=1 \
                2>./errlogxslt
        tar czf site.tgz site/*
        echo "site.tgz ready for deployment"

This gives me errors:

Error at xsl:import on line 16 of file:/home/nml/.docbook/docbook.custom.xsl:
  A stylesheet cannot import itself
Error at xsl:when on line 25 of file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2/xhtml/chunk-common.xsl:
  Variable exsl.node.set.available has not been declared
Error at xsl:if on line 26 of file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2/xhtml/chunk-common.xsl:
  Variable chunk.quietly has not been declared
Error at xsl:apply-templates on line 29 of file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2/xhtml/chunk-common.xsl:
  Variable with.namespace has not been declared
Error at xsl:when on line 31 of file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2/xhtml/chunk-common.xsl:
  Variable exsl.node.set.available has not been declared
Error at xsl:if on line 32 of file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.79.2/xhtml/chunk-common.

I have tried many variations and several stylesheets, this just changes the error messages I get.

Does anyone have an example of a workflow that works? Chunked output is a must.

--
Niels MÃller Larsen <nml@x15.dk>