Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Bibliographic styling

Hi Peter,

Looks interesting. Iâve poked around some and have a high-level, but possibly inaccurate idea of how this might work.

Is the following correct?

- CSL encodes the details of how a particular style works. It provides a machine readable set of instructions that can be used by a processor to generate output that follows a particular citation style.

- To use CLS with DocBook, you could write a stylesheet that would take a biblioentry and format it based on the contents of a particular CSL file. You might do that as a pre-processor and convert biblioentry into bibliomixed, or you could convert directly from biblioentry into fo, html, etc.

- Or, at least for HTML, you could convert a biblioentry into CSL-JSON and convert it to HTML with citeproc-js or pandoc-citeproc. I havenât tried out citeproc-js or pandoc-citeproc, so I could be way off on this one.

So, am I in the right ballpark?

Dick
-------
XML Press