Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook XSL: The Next Generation

On 7/29/2020 11:10 AM, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
Just for clarification: how do we get PDF thesedays?

I suspect I'm not part of this "we", but for a different "we": we get them via dblatex + (Xe)LaTeX. That gave us the ability to mix left-to-right and right-to-left scripts and still get well-typeset results, as well as typesetting tables that ran > 1 page (maybe that's doable with other methods, not sure), and interlinear text examples (which "we" linguists like to use, but are quite difficult to typeset without LaTeX tools).

But I suspect most people don't have our needs, so for most of you this would be overkill.
--
    Mike Maxwell
    "I may not remember, but I never forget."