Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Validating against Schematron

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadnât used Jing in so long that I didnât remember that it has (or claims) support for Schematron.

Did you modify Jing or the Schematron rules? I tried running it using the docbookxi.rng schema and also with the docbook.sch schematron rules (DocBook 5.0, .1, and 5.2) and didnât have much success.

Running it using docbook.sch, I get a namespace error on db:, which is strange, since db is properly declared in the Schematron file. I even modified a test file so that it also used the prefix db: defined the same way, but no luck.

Running it on docbookxi.rng (with embedded schematron rules), it doesnât flag any Schematron errors (I removed version from the root element and nested <note> inside a <note>, neither of which is not allowed by the rules). I did confirm that it flags errors against just the schema.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,
Dick
-------