Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook XSL: The Next Generation

> Thanks Norm. Yes, that can be an interesting way. I've heard about that, but
> I'm not so much into this topic ATM. As far as I know, the above tools are
> commercial. Do you know an open source solution?

https://www.print-css.rocks/ lists a couple in addition to AH and
PrinceXML. I havenât tried them. Iâm surprised there arenât more, TBH.

> I can fully understand your position. :) I'm sure it's fun, especially when
> you come from a XSLT 1.0 background. That's a huge step forward. On the other
> side, it's also a huge task, I guess. ;)

Itâs bigger than a bread box, perhaps, but itâs not a gargantuan task.
The FO stylesheets in the 1.0 and 2.0 projects probably contain most of
the answers one needs, itâs just a question of restructuring them into
modern, XSLT 3.0 with a rationalized set of options.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>