Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] gentext.template.exists -- possible bug

I have created a âfixâ to this, but it is more complex than I expected.

gentext.template.exists, as currently written, simply calls gentext.template and if the return value is null (ââ), it returns 0, otherwise it returns 1.

However, because gentext.template has to consider locale, context, and locally defined templates, there are multiple checks required to determine if a matching template actually exists.

Rather than duplicate that, I hijacked the $purpose parameter on gentext.template (that parameter is not used as far as I can tell), and when that parameter is set to âcheckâ it returns 1 anywhere that it finds and would have returned a value and returns 0 it it canât find a template. If $purpose is anything else, gentext.template works the same as always.

gentext.template.exists stays pretty much the same, except that it sets purpose to âcheckâ when it calls gentext.template and returns whatever gentext.template returns. I take just the first character of the returned string. Because there are some loops that I suppose might hit a not-found value more than once, I thought that would be the safest course.

If that seems like the best, or at least a reasonable, way to fix this bug, I can make the changes and put in a pull request.

Dick
-------
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators