Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] using markup inside title elements

 Hi Peter,

> Let's say we have a refentry for "foo", so it would be nice to write
>
>      You can use commands <xref linkend="foo-refentry"/> or
>      <command>bar</command> for this.

depending on what you want to achieve (and what your documentation
processes are), maybe using entities instead is a more viable solution?

This (maybe in a separate "command.ent")

<!ENTITY foo "<command>foo</command>">
<!ENTITY bar "<command>bar</command>">

will lead to this

"You can use commands &foo; or &bar; for this."

Use the entity files "function.ent" and "envar.ent" respectively.

Regards
Michael