Subject: Ã - non SGML character number 132, only uppercase foreign char

Hi

I have problems with writing uppercase danish (and german) characters in SGML files.

I get the error:
non SGML character number

I get the same error even if I write a comment with danish uppercase like:
<!-- ÃÃâ -->

The same letter in in lowercase does not give an error
<!-- Ã -->
Special symbols does not give an error either
<!-- ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ -->

To work around the problem I tried to use the HTML entities &Aring; but that gives wrong encoding in the html output.

Any hint much appreciated.

The version I am using:
$ docbook2html -v
DocBook-utils version 0.6.14 (jw version 1.1)

DocBook-XML is version 4.5

best regards
Hans Schou

Attachment, test file:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<!-- masseÃdelÃggelsesvÃben -->
<!-- ÃÃ -->
<!--
Compile:
docbook2html -o q q.sgml
-->
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN" [
<!ENTITY % magic-entities SYSTEM "magic.sgml">
 %magic-entities; Â<!-- This is where we include it -->
<!ENTITY % url-entities SYSTEM "linuxbogurl.sgml">
 %url-entities; Â<!-- This is where we include it -->
]>

<book id="index" lang="da">
 <bookinfo>
  <title>Linux - Friheden til at skrive dokumentation</title>
  <abbrev>"FTADokumentation"</abbrev>
  Â<subtitle>Version </subtitle>

  <authorgroup>

  <author>
   <firstname>Peter</firstname>
   <surname>Toft</surname>
  </author>

  <author>
   <firstname>Henrik</firstname>
   <surname>Grove</surname>
  </author>

  <author>
   <firstname>Kristian</firstname>
   <surname>S&oslash;rensen
   SÃrensen</surname>
  </author>

  <author>
   <firstname>Michael</firstname>
   <surname>Rasmussen</surname>
  </author>
  </authorgroup>

<copyright>
 <year>2000-2005</year>
 <holder>Forfatterne har ophavsret til bogen, men udgiver den under
  "&Aring;ben dokumentlicens (&Aring;DL) - version 1.0".
 </holder>
</copyright>

<abstract>
 <para>
  Dette er en bog om at skrive bÃger i Dokumentation i Linux.
  Installation af SGML programmel pà Linux Red Hat 7.2 gennemgÃs, og
  derefter vises, hvordan man skriver bÃger og oversÃtter disse til
  HTML, PDF, RTF eller Postscript.
 </para>
</abstract>

</bookinfo>