Subject: best way to convert docx to DocBook

Hello everyone,

I would like to know your opinion about this question: What would you consider the best way to get from Microsoft .docx to DocBook these days? We have to work with styled Word documents (every element has been styled, fortunately). We know XMLMind has a converter, there are some Github projects (https://github.com/albertjuhe/word2docbook and https://github.com/oxygenxml/oxygen-resources-converter) and I would say oXygen can do this.

And, can it be done in one transformation, or should we first convert to HTML, for example?

I hope this question isn’t inappropriate. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Michel van den Burg

digital publishing | Uitgeverij Coutinho

06 - 10 75 75 14

LinkedIn