Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Lists of Tables, Figures, etc in xsl-fo

Hi Kevin,

The docbook components in fo output are divided into separate page-sequences. The default styling is to start each page-sequence on an odd-numbered (recto) page.  To avoid skipped page numbers, the stylesheet generates a blank page if the last even-numbered page is empty in a page-sequence.  In this case, each LOT generates its own page-sequence and gets that treatment.

Changing the pagination locally can get tricky, because several properties must be accounted for to avoid skipping page numbers.  In this case, though, there is a straight-forward solution: put the TOC and LOTs in a single page-sequence.  You can copy the template named 'make.book.tocs' to your customization layer and change it.

In that template, you'll see that each TOC or LOT calls the template named "page.sequence" with its "content" param filled with that TOC.  You can rearrange that template to call "page-sequence" just once and put all the TOC content into its single "content" param.  You'll still want to test each one to see if it should be included.

If you want to force page breaks between LOTs, you can add:

<fo:block break-before='page'/>

before each one.