Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Do different xslt processors and parsers really make a difference for pdf output?

Oh, and coming back to the question in your subject line:

  Do different xslt processors and parsers really make a difference for
  pdf output?

If there are no extensions in use, the answer to that question should be
âno.â Any XSLT processor should produce the same transformed output,
whether thatâs XSL FO that youâre going to process with an FO processor
or some other XML vocabulary that youâre going to process with, for
example, CSS.

That output is what goes into the formatter stage and the formatter
isnât going to be influenced by which processor produced the output
if itâs the same as the output from another processor.

If youâre taking advantage of extensions, like the ones I mentioned in
the last message for computing the size of images, then youâll get
different output with the processor(s) that support those extensions and
that will (probably) have an effect on the generated PDF.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>