Subject: Endnotes in PDF?

I'm trying to use DocBook and FOP to generate endnotes at the end of my book. I.e., I'd like the footnote elements to be rendered as endnotes, not footnotes.

If possible, I'd like them grouped by chapter (but at the end of the book, not at the end of each chapter).

I've searched a lot, and only found a discussion here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Endnotes.html

...but it's too vague. Too many loose ends. I can't get it to work at all.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

M.