Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Multiple languages in PDF?

hi again,

sorry, I forgot to mention this:

I modified the font searching mecanism (I'm on Linux/Debian)
The file is named : fop.xconf, and located in oXygen/lib folder in my case. So you can see, I have installed a lot of fonts in my home directory under .local/share/fonts .

*******************************
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fop version="1.0">
  <base>./</base>

  <!--<font-base>file:/home/eric/.local/share/fonts</font-base>-->

  <default-page-settings height="11in" width="8.26in"/>

  <renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
      <filterList>
        <value>flate</value>
      </filterList>

      <fonts>
<directory recursive="true">/home/eric/.local/share/fonts</directory>
        <auto-detect/>
      </fonts>
    </renderer>
  </renderers>
</fop>
******************************

Le 22/12/2021 Ã 08:15, M. Downing Roberts a ÃcritÂ:
Hi,

Thanks very much for your suggestions. Using <foreignphrase> and the customization you suggested, the font is substituted. However, although I specify Times or Arial, it tries Times-Roman or ArialMT, neither of which include Japanese characters.

Is there some way I can find out the names of the fonts that FOP believes I have installed? It seems like there's some mismatch between what is shown in apps vs. what FOP thinks is actually available.

Next, I was unable to get the <subtitle> element to substitute the font. Here's the customization that I'm trying:

    <xsl:template match="subtitle" mode="section.titlepage.recto.auto.mode">
     Â <xsl:choose>
     Â Â<xsl:when test="contains(' ja ', @xml:lang)">
     Â Â Â <fo:block
    xsl:use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"
    font-family="Times" font-weight="bold">
     Â Â Â Â <xsl:apply-templates select="."
    mode="section.titlepage.recto.mode"/>
     Â Â Â </fo:block>
     Â Â</xsl:when>
     Â Â <xsl:otherwise>
     Â Â Â <fo:block
    xsl:use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"
    font-family="{$title.fontset}">
     Â Â Â Â <xsl:apply-templates select="."
    mode="section.titlepage.recto.mode"/>
     Â Â Â </fo:block>
     Â Â </xsl:otherwise>
     Â </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:template>

I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks,

M.