Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Multiple languages in PDF?

Hi,

Looks like I'm stuck on a multiple languages issue again. I'm trying to generate two different indexes, one for English and one for Japanese.

To set this up, I followed the instructions in DocBook XSL: the Complete Guide.

I have <indexterm> elements in my document, like this:

And <index> elements at the end, like this:

My customized style sheet includes:

<xsl:importÂhref="">
...Â
<xsl:param name="autolink.index.see" select="0"/>
<xsl:param name="index.on.type" select="1"/>
<xsl:param name="index.method">kimber</xsl:param>

I try to run my book file through saxon like this:

$ java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet \
> -o tmp.fo \
> book-1.xml \
> custom-1.xsl

The CLASSPATH is set ike this:

CLASSPATH=/usr/local/lib/i18n_support/i18n_support.jar:/usr/local/Cellar/docbook-xsl/1.79.2_1/docbook-xsl/tools/lib/saxon.jar:

But it fails:

Error at xsl:variable on line 705 of file: custom-1.xsl:
 Key abbrev has not been defined
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

The offending line in the customization layer is in this template:

<xsl:template match="footnote" name="process.footnote" mode="process.footnote.mode">

It looks like this:

Â<xsl:variable name="lookup" select="key('abbrev', $biblioref)"/>

At this point, I'm kind of lost. I guess saxon is installed correctly, but I'm not sure. The documentation for installing saxon on macOS mostly assumes a level of expertise that I don't have.

In case it might help, my customization layer is here:Âhttps://pastebin.com/raw/Qk8Es8ur

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

M.

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 5:53 PM Eric Streit <eric@yojik.eu> wrote:
pas de quoi .... sending in PM

Eric

Le 22/12/2021 Ã 08:53, M. Downing Roberts a ÃcritÂ: