Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Multiple languages in PDF?

Hi,

Thanks for your message and suggestion. I've emailed Bob directly, and will report back what I learn to make this work.

The issue might(?) be due to a difference between xsltproc and saxon, though this is speculation on my part.

Another, simpler point I'm stuck on: I need to select a different font for the Japanese index,Âi.e., I need to detect @type='ja' in the <index> element and switch fonts.Â

I tried this in my customization layer:

<xsl:template match="indexentry">
 <xsl:choose>
 Â<xsl:when test="contains(' ja ', parent::type)">
   <fo:inline font-family="'Zen Old Mincho'">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </fo:inline>
 Â</xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
   <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:otherwise>
 </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

...but it seems to have no effect.

I have no idea if the system for generating an index actually outputs DocBook <indexentry> elements, or just directly outputs to FO.

Thanks again,

M.