Subject: How to italicize citetitle in end notes in XSL FO?

Dear friends,

I have successfully customized my XML FO style sheet for footnotes to get end notes, as documented in Bob Stayton's book DocBook XSL:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Endnotes.html

All works fine, and I'm pleased with the output, with one exception. The content within a 'footnote' tag that is tagged with 'citetitle' (mainly book titles) does not get italicized. I have attempted to customize the footnote properties to deal with this, as follows:

  <xsl:attribute-set name="footnote.properties">
    <xsl:attribute name="font-style">
      <xsl:call-template name="citetitle.fontstyle"/>
    </xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

    <xsl:template name="citetitle.fontstyle">
      <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="d:citetitle">
          <xsl:value-of select="italic"/>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise>
          <xsl:value-of select="normal"/>
        </xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

I've tried many other variations of this, with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Appreciatively yours,

Robert Mackay
Ocean Droplets