Subject: Transclusion fixup for XSLT 1.0?

Hi,

there is a stylesheet for XSLT 2.0 that deals with transclusion attributes:

  https://github.com/docbook/transclusion-fixup/blob/master/transclusion-fixup.xsl

This stylesheet rewrites IDs to avoid  "multiple ID errors" when you include
the same file with ID more than once.

It there a change that this stylesheet can be (re)written into XSLT 1.0? I know
it needs certainly extension functions, but I can't use the 2.0 version.

Backstory:
The assemble/assemble.xsl currently doesn't support rewriting IDs. Especially
if you include files more than one, you can run into the above error when
validating your realized document. It would be helpful if the assemble
stylesheet would support that.

Any ideas? Thanks!

--
GruÃ/Regards