docbook-comment message

Subject: DocBook V4.5 XML DTD files licensing

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Pawel Winogrodzki, I am an employee of the Microsoft Corporation. I hope this is the correct list to provide this comment:

While the “DocBook: The Definitive Guide” book itself is published under the GNU Free Documentation License, there is no license file present for the DocBook V4.5 XML DTDs. This makes it harder to understand in what way these flies may be used (if at all) by other projects. What is the current license for these files and would it be possible to add an appropriate license file to be distributed inside the archives?

Thank you in advance for considering my comment!

Sincerely,

Pawel Winogrodzki

Software Development Engineer

Microsoft Corporation