docbook-elearning message

Kicking off the discussion...

8. Review feedback from mailing list regarding eLearning implementations and needs.
[http://markmail.org/message/tssbu3yixz5ujrgc]

NEED: single source document to produce slides, handouts, speaker notes, a
section in the manual, and lab exercises.

Example: http://www.gurulabs.com/partner-program/courseware-layout/

Scott's opinion:
I wonder if it would be a good idea to use DocBook slides as the source for the slide content and then call it into an assembly as a resource? If so, would we use the renderas attribute to transform it into a sidebar? In the example given above, the slide is rendered as part of the manual page, and it could be called out from the main body of text as a sidebar?

[http://markmail.org/message/ogluhg4antlubsdr?q=DocBook+learning+content]

NEED: better support for exercises and corrections (answers). Potential for exerciseSections, with nested exercises, and these need to be able to be numbered.

Scott's opinion:

Thoughts?

Best regards,

--Scott