docbook-elearning message

Subject: Groups - DocBook eLearning SC meeting modified

DocBook eLearning SC meeting has been modified by Mr. Tim Arnold

Date:  Friday, 11 June 2010
Time:  10:00am - 11:00am ET

Event Description:
The 2nd Friday of the month at 15:00:00 UTC, which would be Tue 4:00 PM in Prague, Tue 10:00 AM Eastern and Tue 8:00 AM Mountain

Event Description:
Dial Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-408-856-9570
Belgium toll free  	0800-71083

Attendee access code: 08072661

Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members (and prospective members) of the subcommittee.

The DocBook SC for eLearning uses irc://freenode/dblearn for additional conference features, such as exchanging URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us there if at all possible.

Agenda:

Minutes:
1. Roll call

Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Tim Arnold

2. Next meeting: Friday, 10 July 2010, 14:00:00 UTC,
  which would be Fri 4:00  PM in Prague,
                 Fri 10:00 AM Eastern and
                 Fri 8:00  AM Mountain

3. Review of the agenda.

Talk-through of email feedback.
(1)  Jared Smith would like output:
"For each so-called module in my curriculum, I'd like to have one source
document that can be used to create slides, handouts, speaker notes, a
section in the manual, and lab exercises."

Do we have enough information to create these, and can we do it semantically?
Add use-cases for
slides, handouts, speaker notes,
student manual, instructor manual and lab exercises on the wiki

(2) Ellipsis
ordered list is their method for exercises
what does docbook have that would be a better answer:
QandA set, procedure, use profiling for instructor vs student manual
How can we work that out with multiple-choice questions, matching etc.,
What about QTI-lite as a namespace?

4. Review of open action items

Scott:
check with db committee on the linkage element that goes between modules. a transitional element.
also need to think about localization issues with this element. don't use a structural element that actually goes between the modules, but make it part of the manifest, specified in the sequencing.

Tim:
transition to sourceforge instead of wiki for our assembly that mirrors Writing Matters
samples directory is the location in source
http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/docbook/relaxng/elearning/

Jirka:
Set up name structure and assembly for the third three modules of the 'Writing Matters' site.

All:
* Continue to identify samples of Elearning content we could use in our development
* Review best practices in eLearning structures
* Review: can we use QTI-lite as a namespace ?
* Add use-cases (add qti info from preceding step) for
      slides, handouts, speaker notes,
      student manual, instructor manual and lab exercises on the wiki
* Review DITA Learning Subcommittee and think about what we can learn from them.

5. Proposed Roadmap
a. Review modular DocBook proposals and provide feedback to TC
b. Review best practices in eLearning structures that should be considered for DocBook eLearning.
c. Identify general eLearning needs not currently met by DocBook
d. Identify additional specific domains within the eLearning industry that may need specific modules.
e. develop RFEs from identified needs
f. develop DocBook v5.0 schema enhancements from RFEs
g. submit schema enhancements for approval to DocBook TC

Links discussed in this meeting:
http://markmail.org/message/tssbu3yixz5ujrgc
http://markmail.org/message/ogluhg4antlubsdr
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningSubcommittee/Overview
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/docbook/modularDocBook
http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/docbook/relaxng/elearning/
http://www.miwie.org/presentations/html/dbslides.html
http://www.gurulabs.com/partner-program/courseware-layout/
http://www.imsglobal.org/question/
http://www.imsglobal.org/question/qti_v2p0/examples/items/choice.xml

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Tuesday, 08 December 2009, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 12 January 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 09 February 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 09 March 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 13 April 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 11 May 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 13 July 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 10 August 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 14 September 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 12 October 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 09 November 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET
Tuesday, 14 December 2010, 10:00am to 11:00am ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/docbook-elearning/event.php?event_id=25885

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20100611T000000Z
DTSTART:20100611T140000Z
DTEND:20100611T150000Z
SEQUENCE:11
SUMMARY:DocBook eLearning SC meeting
  PM in Prague\, Tue 10:00 AM Eastern and Tue 8:00 AM Mountain\n \nEvent
  1-866-469-3239\nCall-in toll number (US/Canada):
  1-650-429-3300\nCall-in toll number (US/Canada):
  1-408-856-9570\nBelgium toll free  	0800-71083 \n\nAttendee access
  code: 08072661\n \nAttendance at teleconferences is restricted to
  members (and prospective members) of the subcommittee.\n\nThe DocBook
  SC for eLearning uses irc://freenode/dblearn for additional conference
  features\, such as exchanging URIs\, providing out-of-band comments\,
  and other aspects of the teleconference\, so please join us there if
  at all possible.\n\nGroup: DocBook eLearning SC\nCreator: Mr. Scott
  Hudson
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/docbook-elearning/event.php?event_id=25885
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/docbook-elearning/event.php?event_id=25885
END:VEVENT