docbook-elearning message

Subject: Proposal: DocBook eLearning kickoff meeting: Thu, May 31, 2pm CST/1pm MTN

Title: Proposal: DocBook eLearning kickoff meeting: Thu, May 31, 2pm CST/1pm MTN
Folks,

I’d like to propose the kickoff meeting for the DocBook eLearning subcommittee on
Thu, May 31, 2pm CST/1pm MTN.
Please let me know ASAP if this time will not work for you. I will send call-in details once the time and date are confirmed.

If you have not already done so, please submit a request to Norm Walsh to be added to the DocBook TC roster. This way I can also add you to the eLearning SC roster.

Also, let me know if you would like to add or amend any items in the agenda.

Proposed Agenda:
Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members (and prospective members) of the subcommittee.

The DocBook SC for eLearning uses irc://freenode/dblearn for additional conference features, such as exchanging URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us there if at all possible.

Samples directory:
http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/docbook/relaxng/elearning/

Approved sample:
'Writing Matters'

All:
* Identify samples of eLearning content we could use in our development
* Review best practices in eLearning structures
* Review: can we use QTI-lite as a namespace ?
* Add use-cases (add qti info from preceding step) for
      slides, handouts, speaker notes,
      student manual, instructor manual and lab exercises on the wiki
* Review DITA Learning Subcommittee and think about what we can learn from them.

Proposed Roadmap
a. Review modular DocBook proposals and provide feedback to TC
b. Review best practices in eLearning structures that should be considered for DocBook eLearning.
c. Identify general eLearning needs not currently met by DocBook
d. Identify additional specific domains within the eLearning industry that may need specific modules.
e. develop RFEs from identified needs
f. develop DocBook v5.0 schema enhancements from RFEs
g. submit schema enhancements for approval to DocBook TC

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

Scott Hudson | Pelco by Schneider Electric | United States | Standards Lead
Phone:
+1-970-282-1952  | Mobile: +1-720-663-7268 | Support: +1-800-289-9100 x1952
Email: scott.hudson@schneider-electric.com | Site: pdn.pelco.com | Address: 3800 Automation Way, Suite 300 Ft. Collins, CO 80525-3449 - USA