docbook-publishers message

Subject: Additional values for

Folks,

any additional items to add to the othercredit class attribute? I need
to report back during today's TC meeting.

Following are the notes from our last meeting regarding this item:

# b. 1722935  DocBook 5: Adding proofreader in @class for othercredit?

The othercredit element is used as a part of metadata in the info group. The
full TC had gotten a RFE to add one specific value (proofreader) to the list
enumerated by the @class value, but the TC felt that we should develop a more
complete list.

Roles discussed on Mailing list:

indexer
proofreader
coverdesigner
interiordesigner
illustrator
reviewer
typesetter

Scott notes that the TC is looking for the most commonly used job titles, rather
than every possible value. Norm agrees, mentioning that he'd like to see the
list stay below about a 20 values, if possible. Keith asks if some of the
existing "editor" values (technicaleditor, productioneditor, copyeditor)
in the current @class list might better move to the 'editor' element.

Action Items:
* John P, others to query internally to find more @class values for othercredit.
Please send findings to list prior to 19 September 2007.

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

*  Scott Hudson*
 / XML Business Architect/