docbook-publishers message

Subject: RE: [docbook-publishers] Legal citations (I'll stop after this!)

Hi Dave,

Yes, there's a lot of trumpet-blowing on the site, but the idea of a
"neutral cite" is one where the reporter series does not form part of
the cite, i.e. there's no reference to a volume or issue number. These
guys are, I suppose merely substituting their URL for the reportercite,
and I'm not suggesting we incorporate any URLs in our citation model,
but the idea of a neutral cite is useful and widespread. The second
resource I circulated (which the first led me to) is "cleaner".
http://www.aallnet.org/committee/citation/ucg/index.html

As you can see, there is no reporter/series number, hence "neutral"
cite.

John Hanratty
Senior XML Analyst
LexisNexis UK
Tel: 0207 4002656
Blackberry: 07780 763204
email: john.hanratty@lexisnexis.co.uk

addressed. If you have received this mail in error please notify the
system manager.