docbook-publishers message

Subject: RE: [docbook-publishers] Legal citations

Re the earlier posting by Dave, citing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorldLII (no pun intended) I was intrigued
to note the absence of India from the list. It's a pretty
Commonwealth-heavy membership, and a missing India is a big gap. India's
legal system, like Canada's, is based on the UK's.

John Hanratty
Senior XML Analyst
LexisNexis UK
Tel: 0207 4002656
Blackberry: 07780 763204
email: john.hanratty@lexisnexis.co.uk

addressed. If you have received this mail in error please notify the
system manager.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott.Hudson@flatironssolutions.com
[mailto:Scott.Hudson@flatironssolutions.com]
Sent: 18 February 2008 14:13
To: dave.pawson@gmail.com; Hanratty, John (LNG-LON)
Cc: docbook-publishers@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [docbook-publishers] Legal citations (I'll stop after
this!)

Good question. Thanks for finding this info, John! I, too, want to make
sure any markup we provide will work world-wide, not just in the USA.

John, Dave, could you take a stab at using this format to set up some
examples from any legal cases in countries that you might be familiar
with?

The big question: how do you determine what the court designation is?

Best regards,

Scott Hudson
Flatirons Solutions Corporation