docbook-publishers message

Subject: DocBook Publishers Conformance statement

Folks,

just heard back from Mary McRae at OASIS, and we must have a Conformance
clause in our spec. Please send your ideas on what we might need to
state, and I'll create a draft that we can vote quickly on.

At a minimum, here's what I was thinking:

    The DocBook Publishers schema is a valid DocBook v5.0 customization.
    Publications or documents will be considered conformant to this
    specification if they validate against the DocBook Publishers schema
    (publishers.rnc or publishers.rng).

    Extensions allow implementers to include features that are in demand
    by their customers. Also, extensions, often times,
    define new features that may migrate into future versions of this
    specification. However, the use of extensions can have a severe
    negative impact on interoperability.

    Any extenstions to this schema SHALL follow the principles and
    guidelines of the DocBook v5.0 and this Publishers specification;
    that is, the specifications SHALL be extended in a standard manner
    as described in http://docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/ch05.html.

    For implementations and/or applications that contain extensions,
    extensions SHALL
    be clearly described in supporting documentation, and the extensions
    SHALL be marked
    as such within the implementation/application.

    This document’s normative language is English. Translation into
    other languages
    is permitted.

Information on conformance statements can be found here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ioc/download.php/305/conformance_requirements-v1.pdf

Thanks and best regards,

-- Scott
Scott Hudson
Senior XML Architect

e: scott.hudson@FlatironsSolutions.com
O: 303.542.2146
C: 303.332.1883
F: 303.544.0522

http://www.FlatironsSolutions.com
Vision. Experience. Engineering Excellence.