docbook-publishers message

Subject: Re: [docbook-publishers] New wiki page

On 11 Jan 2010, at 23:05, Scott Hudson wrote:

> Hi Nic,
>
> Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Publishers SC!

My pleasure. I've been on and off the DocBook lists as a user and customiser for several years now and felt that it was really time that I got properly involved.

> I have not been able to successfully use the build scripts/environment on sourceforge to convert the RNC schema to DTD. Any help you can provide to troubleshoot the build or schema issues would be greatly appreciated, as this problem has plagued us for several months.
>
> The build files are located at:
> http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/buildtools/
> http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/docbook/relaxng/tools/
> http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/docbook/relaxng/publishers/Makefile

I have downloaded them and will start working through it tonight. Expect questions :)
I've not used the build environment before.

> As for the mismatch between spec and schema, please let us know on this list. We did have some errors that were fixed in the schema during the review period, but they should have been compatible with the spec.

I'll need to check my notes for others but the first was that toc.rnc doesn't appear to be included anywhere but the toc element is in the list of included elements.
I'm fairly sure that I found something else.

> We also have an RFE tracker at:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=21935&atid=1037852
>
> Also, I think we would all be interested in finding out what you had to modify in the Publishers Schema for your project? (are we missing something important?)

Ah, that was a very simple change - epigraphs often contain lines from poetry or drama so we extended the content model for epigraph to allow linegroup and dialog.

cheers

nic