docbook-publishers message

Subject: linegroups - action from last conf call

Morning all

I've taken a look at the linegroup model. I'm not 100% convinced it's absolutely right but it does allow nested linegroups. That handles things like stanzas which contain couplets (and cantos in the opposite direction).

This is done with the following model:

 db.poetry =
  [
    db:refpurpose [ "A container for poetry."
    ]
  ]
        element poetry {
      db.poetry.attlist,
      db.poetry.info?,
      (db.mediaobject|db.linegroup|db.line|db.all.blocks)+
      }

This strikes me as slightly worrying in that db.all.blocks is defined as:

db.all.blocks =
   db.nopara.blocks
 | db.para.blocks
 | db.extension.blocks

and db.extension.blocks as

 db.extension.blocks = db.dialogue | db.poetry

That definitely allows some interesting structures such as a poem that consists  entirely of a bibliolist. Possibly not what was intended?

nic

--
Nic Gibson
Director, Corbas Consulting Ltd