docbook-publishers message

Subject: Re: [docbook-publishers] Tracking DocBook

Hi Nic,

no, there is no policy on tracking changes to DocBook. It was designed with
modularity in mind, though, so one should be able to pick up newer versions
of DocBook Core and it should plug in nicely.

In other words, the publishers.rnc includes the DocBook core.rnc and several
other content models from the DocBook source tree.

It does specifically remove the elements it does not need, such as
programlisting and programming inlines.

If a new element is added to core, or a content model changed, then it
should immediately be available in publishers, unless we have specifically
removed it.

It might not hurt to keep a google doc or something that can provide a
public view into all of the elements and whether it is supported in
publishers or not. I have a mapping spreadsheet that could be modified to
display this, if you think it would be useful?

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

Scott Hudson |  Pelco by Schneider Electric | United States | API Strategy