docbook-publishers message

Subject: Re: [docbook-publishers] Poetry Markup

Hi Nic,

We only had a few samples that people submitted for consideration when we
were developing the model for poetry. Here is a thread that might be useful:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-publishers/200905/msg00011.html
also
http://markmail.org/search/?q=linegroup&q=list%3Aorg.oasis-open.lists.docboo
k-publishers#query:linegroup%20list%3Aorg.oasis-open.lists.docbook-publisher
s%20order%3Adate-forward+page:1+mid:dp66s6kpprwwqziu+state:results

All of our samples are located here:
https://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/docbook/trunk/docbook/relaxng/pu
blishers/samples/

The reason we opted for a more open model, was to accommodate the various
needs of publishers. We did not want to be too strict and then find out that
some particular set of content could not be marked up using our schema. It
seemed better to be more open and flexible.

You could still assign canto, verse, couplet, etc. as a role attribute on a
line, linegroup, or phrase as appropriate.

As for nesting of linegroup, I think you have a valid point. This should be
filed as an RFE here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=1037852&group_id=21935&func=browse

As there are 4 open RFEs to consider regarding the Publishers schema, it is
perhaps time to re-convene the Publishers SC. I'll send a separate note to
the list.

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

Scott Hudson |  Pelco by Schneider Electric | United States | Publication
Standards and Technology Lead
Ph: +1-970-282-1952  | M: +1-720-663-7268 |
scott.hudson@schneider-electric.com