Subject: Re: DocBook V4.0beta1

>Indexterms are explicitly excluded from Highlights. Anybody
remember why?

Yes.  Highlights were supposed to be a cooked representation of
topics covered in the book component - not content in themselves.
You might have constructed Highlights by extracting all the
section titles - as Norm's style sheet(s) do(es) [ Norm, is there
one or many? ].

So having Indexterms in Highlights would be like having Indexterms
in Indexterms, which I hope we disallow (but I'm afraid to look
right now).

So Michael must be using them for something we didn't foresee
(or not ...); Michael, why do you have Indexterms in Highlights?

regards, Terry