Subject: XML versions of ISO entities

Norbert,

An XML version of DocBook must refer to XML versions of the ISO
entity sets. The TC would rather not include the XML entities in
the distribution (for the same reason that it does not include
the SGML versions: we aren't the maintainers for those files).

We thought it might be appropriate for OASIS to provide de facto
standard versions of these files until ISO gets around to doing
it.

Does that seem appropriate to you? Is it something that you
could arrange? (I'd be happy to contribute the XML versions that
I've already got as a starting point.) Do you have another
suggestion?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <nwalsh@arbortext.com> | My fate cannot be mastered; it
Principal Software Engineer         | can only be collaborated with and
Arbortext, Inc. (www.arbortext.com) | thereby, to some extent,
413.256.6985 Voice/FAX              | directed. Nor am I the captain of