Subject: Re: Wordsmithing the official vote

Terry Allen wrote:

> Eduardo wrote:
> | Norman Walsh wrote:
> | >
> | > I want to make V4.0beta6 official. As per the San Jose f2f, I can
> | > do that by requesting an email vote. But that means I have to phrase
> | > the question properly. Wordsmithing suggestions please, before I
> | > call the question :-)
> | >
> | >   Resolved: we shall remove all references to "beta6" from
> | >   DocBook V4.0beta6, release it officially as DocBook V4.0, and
> | >   request that The Board approve it as an OASIS standard.
> |
> | Terry, help me out here, because I don't remember all the subtle
> | distinctions between the current process and the one that will
> | become final sometime this year, but I believe that what this
> | TC can do is simply to submit it to the Board (leaving out
> | the part about approval as OASIS standard), right?
>
> Beats me.  We've never done anything before but publish the DTD.
> Our Interim Process deals only with committees, not their
> product.
>
> | > Anyone see a problem with that question?
>
> Norm is only asking about TC approval at this point ...

right, but you voting types would then presumably approve something that
obligates Norm to send something to the Board when the Board is not
expecting such and does not know what to do with it...

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo@eng.Sun.COM
XML Technology Center          |         Phone:  (650) 786-5498