Subject: Re: standards process

/ "Karl Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org> was heard to say:
| > What constitutes certification?
|
| I need statements (email is okay) from representatives of three member
| organizations.

From Paul Grosso, Arbortext:

  This message is to confirm that Arbortext, an OASIS member, both
  distributes and uses as part of its current Epic series products
  the DocBook 4.0 document type.

From Norman Walsh, Sun Microsystems:

  Sun has successfully used the DocBook V4.0 document type.

From Terry Allen, CommerceOne:

  Yes, Commerce One has used Docbook 4 successfully.

| So all we're lacking is three member organizations to certify that they use
| the proposed standard. As long as I have this in the next couple of days I
| can get it out by the deadline on Oct 1st. I'll write up a ballot and get it
| sent out.

There you go. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Endurance is frequently a form of
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | indecision.--Elizabeth Bibesco
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |