Subject: ["Karl F. Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org>] RE: OASIS publication ofISO entity sets?

Folks,

Here's a message I sent to Karl and his reply. Comments?

I'll see if I can figure out who we should ask at ISO. Charles, for a
start, I guess.

Norm:

Possible solutions:

1. DocBook TC (or a subcommittee thereof) does this, either
  a) as a committee spec, with possible submission to OASIS
  b) as just something that's on a web page for people to grab and use
2. Start a separate TC to do (a)

If the work is complete and just needs a rubber stamp I don't think we
should go through the bother of starting a new TC. So that leaves it up to
the DocBook TC.

Option 1b) might be the easiest, but I could see how some people would be
more comfortable if it was actually a spec.

If it's not a current ISO work item then I don't think there should be a
problem with OASIS doing the work; I wouldn't want OASIS to duplicate their
work, but if they're not going to do it then I guess we could. Have you
brought this up with the other members of the TC? If they want to do 1a)
then I don't think I would have much objection. Could someone at ISO be
asked what they would think of this? If they have no objections then we
should do it.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations