OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: Draft agenda for 21 Aug 2001

Suggestions and additional items welcome. I'll post this as the
official agenda a little closer to the telcon time. This is just a
'heads up' that I put together while taking care of some of my action
items :-)

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting: 21 Aug 2001

The DocBook Technical Committee has a one hour teleconference at
01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+) on
Tuesday, 21 Aug 2001.

The teleconference phone number is 888.296.1938. The participant code
is 586310.  Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members of
the committee.


1. Roll call

2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting

3. Review of the agenda

4. Review of open action items

   a. Norm to implement <co> in <screen> proposal[2]
   b. Norm to write a concrete proposal for linking in DocBook 5.0
   c. Norm to publish closed RFEs as a static page for historical reference
   d. M. Sabrio to post metadata message on DocBook list
   e. Norm to propose new "name and address" markup
   f. Sabine to draft initial proposal for help topic authoring
   g. Norm to add section.class parameter entity
   h. Norm to implement the proposal to expanding the content model
      of filename and certain other inlines
   i. Sabine to post a summary of continuing discussions about the
      content model of lists and procedures.
   j. RFE 412476: Norm to make ProductName #IMPLIED
   k. RFE 417671: Norm to add refsection element to refentry
   l. RFE 423598: Norm to add FU for content models that allow BridgeHead
   m. RFE 425730: Norm to create an SVG module
   n. RFE 426382: Norm to allow SimpleSect inside Section
   o. RFE 431412: Norm to document proc. exp. of RevHistory order
   p. RFE 431413: Norm to query submitter (about event and eventhandler)
   q. RFE 431415: Norm to add markup for host identifiers
   r. RFE 431418: Norm to add typing to funcdef and paramdef
   s. RFE 431419: Norm to add markup for FS type and partition
   t. RFE 434439: Norm to add language attribute to fieldsynopsis et al.

5. Release schedule

   Do we need a schedule for point releases? How often should we do them?

6. XML Character Entity distribution

   Private conversation with ISO representatives confirms that ISO has
   no plans to issue normative 8879 XML entity sets. (In fact, the
   8879 entities are not normative.) Private conversation with Karl
   Best suggests that forming a TC to publish the XML entity sets is
   probably overkill. We can probably do it as a TC work product.

7. Review of Requests for Enhancement (RFEs)

   Pending RFEs:

   413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME (linking)
   425730 Create an SVG module (waiting for SVG WG)
   431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability (linking)
   431413 RFE 121: add markup for signals
   431418 RFE 128: typing and linking in funcdef (linking)

   Open RFEs:

   431858 non XML syntax
   434838 add partintroinfo element
   435466 %beginpage.exclusion; not used in dbpool
   435518 Allow bibliography in refsect1
   436067 splitting tech.char.class
   436068 explicit grouping of used param entities
   436072 Need for an infosdiv.contents entity
   438332 Add optional Glossary to Set
   439136 Allow literallayout in epigraph
   439938 specify link destination for area
   440081 No example for ReleaseInfo
   440597 add svg to imagedata format enumeration
   440667 Affiliation lacks CorpName
   441883 endterm behavior in link
   444337 epilogue in dtd?

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200106/msg00003.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200106/msg00059.html

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | It is not impossibilities which
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | fill us with the deepest despair,
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | but possibilities which we have
                                   | failed to realize.--Robert Mallet

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC