OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [docbook-tc] DocBook TC Meeting Proposed Agenda: 20 Nov 2001

Please send your requests or changes before 17:00 EST Thursday 15 Nov
2001.  N.B. item 5.a.

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Proposed Agenda: 20 Nov 2001

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Tuesday, 20 Nov 2001 at
01:00p EST (10:00a PST, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+) for
one hour.

The teleconference phone number is 888.296.1938 (304.345.7506
internationally). The participant code is 586310. Attendance at
teleconferences is restricted to members (and prospective members) of
the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting
3. Welcome new members Dick Hamilton and Bob Stayton
4. Review of the agenda
5. Review of open action items

   a. TC review of Augmented Metadata in XHTML[2]
   b. Mike Smith to formulate concrete proposal for OLink
   c. Norm to ask about RFE 440667 (Affiliation lacks CorpName) on list
   d. Norm to review RFE 441883 and post improved text to the list
   e. Norm to ask about RFE 456174 (YearRange) on list
   f. Norm to ask Karl about f2f schedule in Orlando
   g. Norm to write a concrete proposal for linking in DocBook 5.0
   h. Norm to propose new "name and address" markup
   i. Sabine to draft initial proposal for help topic authoring
   j. Sabine to post a summary of continuing discussions about the
      content model of lists and procedures.
   k. Norm to review RFE 431413, former RFE 121 (add markup for signals)
   l. Norm to review RFE 436072 (need for an infosdiv.contents entity)
   m. Norm to publish HTML Module officially as V1.1

6. Shall we allow email ballots?
7. Discussion: XML Character Entities
8. Shall we release DocBook V4.2 beta 1?
9. Discussion: metadata

10. Review of open RFEs[3]

     To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):

     where XXXX is the RFE number.

   423598 Content models that allow BridgeHead
   440667 Affiliation lacks CorpName
   441883 endterm behavior in link
   470599 Need an imagedata to fit to max size
   472229 Allow HTML tables
   472984 end note support
   473193 Add text form for equations
   473365 Allow optional in funcprototype
   477073 Modularize the hierarchy further
   480954 Extend textobject to insert external files
   480955 Add coref
   480957 New name and address markup

11. Review of pending RFEs

   412476 Class on ProductName should be #IMPLIED
   413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME
   416415 Remove Constant class from SystemItem
   425730 Create an SVG module
   431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability
   431412 RFE 113: proc. exp. of RevHistory order
   434838 add partintroinfo element
   435518 Allow bibliography in refsect1
   436067 splitting tech.char.class
   439938 specify link destination for area
   440081 No example for ReleaseInfo
   444337 epilogue in dtd?
   451030 xref to block
   456460 Ordering of attribute declarations

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200109/msg00077.html
[2] http://www.doctypes.org/meta/NOTE-xhtml-augmeta.html
[3] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?group_id=21935&atid=384107

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Our life gets as complicated as a
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | comedy as it goes on, but the
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | complications get gradually
                                   | resolved: see that the curtain
                                   | comes down on a good
                                   | denouement.--Graci\'an

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC