Subject: [docbook-tc] XML Policy?

At one time, we decided to abandon SGML. Later, in Philadelphia I
think, we reversed that decision and decided we'd keep SGML support as
a customization layer on the XML DTD. In the last few weeks, I've been
asked about a number of practical issues that really make me uneasy.

Consider:

- xml:lang
- xml:space
- XML Base
- XML Include

Supporting these in XML DTDs is hard, and it's going to start to look
ugly in SGML. And we really need to consider moving to another schema
language, I think.

Comments?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | It is better to waste one's youth
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | than to do nothing with it at
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | all.--Georges Courteline