OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [docbook-tc] DocBook TC Meeting Agenda: 21 May 2002

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 21 May 2002

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 21 May 2002 at
01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+)
for 90 minutes.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting
3. Review of the agenda

4. Review of open action items {5 min}

   a. Norm to write a concrete proposal for linking in DocBook 5.0
   b. Dick to compare his internal customizations to the last HelpSet proposal[2]
   c. Nancy to review DITA for help authoring and summarize.
   d. Norm to consider scheduling for 4.3, 5.0, 6.0 etc.
   e. Norm and Paul to take up offline the particular issues of how
      to do the HTML/Table customization.
   f. Mike to provide a list of use cases to motivate discussion of annotations
   g. Norm to float 'optionalparamdef'/'optionalmethodparam' on the list and
      see if other people are having similar problems.
   h. Norm to ask the submitter of RFE #495853 if they really want introductory
      text? If not, how do they imagine this would be rendered?
   i. Paul to report what the XHTML and XSL FO specs actually say
      about nested links.

   ACTION: Norm to follow-up on g. for the June meeting
   ACTION: Norm to follow-up on h. for the June meeting

5. Release DocBook V4.1.2CR2? {5 min}
7. Discuss options to control per-instance generated text on xref {15 min}
8. Discuss Help Authoring {10 min}
9. Discuss Annotations {15 min}
10. Review of Requests for Enhancement {40 min}

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   where XXXX is the RFE number.

   488368 Simplify single index entries
   507975 revision should allow author
   514244 Allowing xref inside link
   514425 Simplify info elements
   514435 Allow reference within refentry
   517604 Optional Title for GlossList
   518074 More database classes
   531851 Remove inline person name elements
   532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry
   533734 Allow methodsynopsis not to have paramet
   558443 include storage info in metadata

   The following RFEs have been moved to the bottom of this agenda in order
   to make sure that all RFEs get fairly discussed.

   413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME
   425730 Create an SVG module
   431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability
   436067 splitting tech.char.class
   482818 Simplify ToC content model
   522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200204/msg00010.html
[2] http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=9352&group_id=21935
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200205/msg00004.html
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200205/msg00005.html
[5] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200205/msg00078.html
[6] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&group_id=21935&atid=384107&aid=473365
[7] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200204/msg00011.html

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Decide, v.i. To succumb to the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | preponderance of one set of
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | influences over another
                                   | set.--Ambrose Bierce

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC