OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 20 Aug 2002

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 20 Aug 2002

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Tuesday, 20 August 2002
at 01:00p EDT (10:00a PDT, 17:00GMT, 18:00BST, 19:00CEST, 02:00JST+)
for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.888.296.1938 (+1.304.345.7506
internationally). The participant code is 586310. Attendance at
teleconferences is restricted to members (and prospective members) of
the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting
3. Review of the agenda
4. Review of open action items {5 min}

   a. Bob to write a more detailed proposal for instance-based generated xref text
   b. Bob to investigage RFE #558443 include storage info in metadata
   c. Norm to get some sort of IPR template from Karl.
   d. Norm to try implementing annotations. Consider Paul's questions[2].
   e. Dick to experiment with SiberSafe for help authoring background
   f. Norm to follow-up on RFE 473365: Allow optional in funcprototype
   g. Norm to follow-up on RFE 562343: <packagename> element
   h. Mike to follow-up on RFE 565716: URL and URN markup
   i. Norm and Paul to propose new, combined table markup for CALS+HTML

5. Plans for 5.0.

   Should we be more prescriptive? Should we add more inlines?

6. Discuss Help Authoring

   Anything new to discuss?

7. Discuss generalized linking strategy

   Update on xml-dev discussions and XHTML 2.0

8. Review of Requests for Enhancement {40 min}

   To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


   where XXXX is the RFE number.

   571996 Add 'namespace' inline element
   571998 Add 'default' inline element
   573419 Add bidirectional text overrides
   573812 Allow blockinfo on blockquote
   574880 Add annotation element
   582705 Namespace convention for MathML Module
   582822 VARARG and FUNCDEF together

   The following RFEs are awaiting action items

   472229 Allow HTML tables
   431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability

   The following RFEs have been moved to the bottom of this agenda in order
   to make sure that all RFEs get fairly discussed.

   413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME
   425730 Create an SVG module
   436067 splitting tech.char.class
   482818 Simplify ToC content model
   522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element
   473365 Allow optional in funcprototype
   558443 include storage info in metadata
   562343 <packagename> element
   565637 Associate non-inline image with link
   565716 URL and URN markup
   565905 Add xrefstyle attribute

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200207/msg00009.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200206/msg00153.html

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | He who fails to become a giant
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | need not remain content with being
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | a dwarf.--Ernest Bramah

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC