Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] RelaxNG Tutorial link

There are some XSLT stylesheets for converting the RNG XML syntax to the
compact syntax -

  http://www.pantor.com/download.html

The RngToRnc-1_4.tgz tarball contains stylesheets for converting to
actual compact syntax (plain text) and also for converting to
syntax-highlighted HTML representations of that.

I've uploaded the generated *.rnc files and HTML versions to:

  http://www.logopoeia.com/docbook/schema/relaxng/

The docbook.rnc.html file is the whole flattened schema in one big file.
The db-calshtml.rnc.html is the same thing, with the addition of the
hybrid HTML table model.

The syntax highlighting is pretty slick.

If you care to try the conversion yourself, I made a Makefile -

  http://www.logopoeia.com/docbook/schema/relaxng/Makefile

If you have the 'schema' module checked out from Sourcefore DocBook CVS,
you should just be able to change the variables at the top if needed and
then just drop in into your schema/relaxng directory (along with the
untarred RngToRnc-1_4 directory for the stylesheets) and then run it.

Be forewarned though: generating the compact syntax versions with those
stylesheets is really, really slow.

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith
Openwave Systems Japan     +81 90 9148 0269 (mobile)