OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 22 Oct 2003

Hash: SHA1

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 22 Oct 2003

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 22 Oct 2003 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.865.524.6352. The participant
code is 7386368. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting
3. Next meeting: 19 Nov 2003 (conflict for Norm)
4. Review of the agenda
5. Review of open action items

    a. Norm to follow-up on RFE 562343: <packagename> element
    b. Norm to write better documentation for option/optional
    c. Norm to describe how the prototype works and how it was constructed.
    d. Mike to provide a better proposal for choicelist markup.
       Mike to reconsider the annotation problem and post his thoughts.
    e. Norm to propose bibliolist.
    f. Norm to add a code element.
    g. Norm to update and republish DocBook 4.3.
    h  Norm to post his stylesheet that attempts to convert existing DocBook
       documents to the "V5" style markup.

6. Add float and floatstyle to table and informal table?
   (Current float isn't present so I didn't add floatstyle)
7. Elect secretary?
8. Remove uri from class values for systemitem (from july 2002)
9. F2F at XML 2003?
10. DocBook V4.3
11. DocBook V5.0 (RELAX NG)
12. Annotations
13. Review of Requests for Enhancement

   [ Consult SourceForge, I haven't had a chance to review these ]

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      436067 splitting tech.char.class 
      482818 Simplify ToC content model 
      514435 Allow reference within refentry 
      541444 caption in mediaobjectco 
      543064 JavaObject tag
      562343 <packagename> element 
      565637 Associate non-inline image with link 
      574880 Add annotation element
      613293 Generalize programlisting
      623524 (Re)Consider "choicelist" markup 
      675024 form, script, applet support
      686733 allow bibliography under <refentry>
      698026 cannot embed <superscript> within <guibutton>
      702185 add procedure as child of para
      711815 Tagging for subtler breaks or "pauses" within a chapter
      742373 Splitting Segmented List
      742624 refentry and bibliography
      798616 syntax="" or notation="" needed for code listings
      810932 Improved citation support
      824633 classname should be allowed in firstterm

     The following RFEs are awaiting action items

      413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME 
      431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability
      522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element
      574880 Add annotation element 
      613293 Generalize programlisting 
      621564 New element Task and children

     The following RFEs are identified as V6.0 or later

      531851 Remove inline person name elements
      532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry
- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200308/msg00037.html

                                        Be seeing you,

- -- 
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Childishness follows us all the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | days of our life. If anybody seems
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | wise it is only because his
                                   | follies are in keeping with his
                                   | age and circumstances.--La
                                   | Rochefoucauld
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8 <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]