OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 18 Feb 2004

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 18 February 2004

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 18 Feb 2004 at
05:00p EST (02:00p PST, 22:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 07:00JST+,
03:30a India+) for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.865.524.6352. The participant
code is 7386368. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting
3. Next meeting: 17 March 2004.
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

    a. Mark to follow-up on RFE 562343: <packagename> element
    b. Norm to write better documentation for option/optional
    c. Mike to provide a better proposal for choicelist markup.
    d. Mike to reconsider the annotation problem and post his thoughts.
    e. Dick to propose more general solution for caption in mediaobject.
    f. Steve to propose generalizing programlisting to the list.
    g. Norm to draft a letter to OASIS about Kavi.
    h. Norm to add <anchor> to simplified DocBook.

6. Norm's letter about Kavi. [2]

7. biblioref proposal [3]
   (formerly Improved citation support, RFE 810932).
   Additional replies for consideration [4] [5]

8. DocBook V4.3 CR3

9. DocBook V5.0 (RELAX NG)

10. Reconsider the policy for backwards incompatible changes.

11.  Revisit addition of 'language' attribute
to programlisting and synopsis (use MIME?).
See [6] for the original RFE 798616.
See [7] for the minutes of the decision.
See [8] and [9] for further discussion about it.

12. Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      543064 JavaObject tag
      675024 form, script, applet support
      698026 cannot embed <superscript> within <guibutton>
      702185 add procedure as child of para
      711815 Tagging for subtler breaks or "pauses" within a chapter
      742373 Splitting Segmented List
      752632 Color control of CALS table element
      798616 syntax="" or notation="" needed for code listings
      828720 'spacing' attr. for 'variablelist'
      882791 Allow 'procedure' within 'para'

     The following RFEs are awaiting action items

      413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME (Norm, generic linking)
      431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability (Norm)
      522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element (Mike, annotations)
      541444 caption in mediaobjectco (Dick)
      562343 <packagename> element (Mark)
      565637 Associate non-inline image with link (Norm, generic linking)
      574880 Add annotation element (Mike)
      613293 Generalize programlisting (Steve)
      623524 (Re)Consider "choicelist" markup (Mike)

     The following RFEs are identified as V6.0 or later

      531851 Remove inline person name elements
      532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry
- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200401/msg00010.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200402/msg00000.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200311/msg00014.html
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200401/msg00007.html
[5] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200401/msg00008.html
[7] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200309/msg00037.html
[8] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200401/msg00011.html
[9] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200401/msg00019.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]