Subject: FYI: OASIS site not ECN standards-compliant

Hi All,

I'm not quite sure that this is the right place to post this, but since
we've been discussing issues with the OASIS site I thought I should bring
this particular one to the attention of the committee. (It was pointed out
to me by a Debian developer (DD) who could not access the OASIS site.)

The DD forwarded to me the message he sent to the OASIS webmaster. The
relevant piece is:

  [...] your web site does not conform to the ECN standard (RFC 3168)[1].
  As a result of this, I was not able to browse your site with a browser
  or access dtd's via http.

  I have verified through tcptraceroute -E, as well as by disabling ECN
  on my side, that this is the problem.

I glanced at the rfc and learned that ECN stands for "Explicit Congestion
Notification". At any rate, this is yet another serious problem with the
OASIS site.

I doubt the DocBook TC wants to say or do anything about this, but I
thought that Norm (as chair) might find this info of some use in discussing
site problems with the chair's TC.

Thanks,
Mark

[1] http://ietf.org/rfc/rfc3168.txt

Mark Johnson      <mrj@debian.org>
Debian XML/SGML:  <http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org>
Home Page:        <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: DBEA FA3C C46A 70B5 F120  568B 89D5 4F61 C07D E242