Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Fw: minor XML lint issues in docbook 4.4b1 XML

Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> writes:

> Bob Stayton wrote:
>
>>>I suggest we add these lines to catalog.xml:
>>>  <system
>> systemId="http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4b1/docbookx.dtd";
>>
>>>          uri="docbookx.dtd"/>
>>>This intercepts calls to the official network location -- whether the
>>>official location is working or not doesn't matter, it's a good
>>>thing to use the local copy rather than the network one.
>
> I think that this is a good idea. Alternatively we can gain almost the
> same effect by adding prefer="public"  to catalog root element.

Not quite the same effect, consider the following:

<!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM
 "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4b1/docbookx.dtd";>

I think prefer="public" seems like a good idea, though.  Unless it's,
um, more of a local sysadmin decision?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>