OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 18 August 2004

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 18 August 2004

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 18 August 2004 at
05:00p EDT (02:00p PDT, 21:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 06:00JST+,
02:30a India+) for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.865.524.6352. The participant
code is 7386368. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting
3. Next meeting: 15 September 2004.
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

  a. Mike to provide a better proposal for choicelist markup.

  b. Bob to identify elements in DocBook that correspond to
     valid locations of HTML forms in HTML output.

  c. Scott will investigate places where
     anchor should be permitted.

  d. Norm to generate web pages for 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4x.

  e. Norm to produce 4.4b2 with W3C entity sets.

  f. Norm to fix nested HTML tables for 4.4b2.

  g. Mark to summarize the processes that Debian uses for guidelines
     for accepting or rejecting requests.

  h. Larry to write up a summary of accessibility and send it in email,
     including links to the sites that offer tools and tests for

6. Status of DTD version 4.4 beta

7. Annotation proposal (Mike).  [3] [4]

8. Discuss guidelines for accepting or rejecting requests.

9. html:form should be available in more places
   than in %divcomponent.mix;  [5] [6]

10. Accessibility.  [7] [8]

11. Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


     The following RFEs are awaiting action items

      973446 Replace Footnote with Annotation
      413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME (Norm, generic linking)
      431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability (Norm)
      522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element (Mike, annotations)
      565637 Associate non-inline image with link (Norm, generic linking)
      574880 Add annotation element (Mike)
      623524 (Re)Consider "choicelist" markup (Mike)

     The following RFEs are identified as V5.0 or later

      974285 Check floatstyle/float attributes
      958393 remove default class value from productname
      531851 Remove inline person name elements
      532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry
- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200407/msg00020.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200406/msg00003.html
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200406/msg00005.html
[5] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200406/msg00081.html
[6] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200404/msg00032.html
[7] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200408/msg00002.html
[8] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200408/msg00003.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]