Subject: Gary to investigate ISO 9000 regarding guidelines for accepting or rejecting requests...

Hi guys,

This is a bit undercooked as I am in the process of moving countries and
have so much to do, gosh! However, hopefully I made a worthwhile start...

I found out the ISO 9000 compliances would just mean documenting the steps
properly (I would suggest as series of forms to automate this) and writing a
quality procedure document (to properly document and explain the processes).
The rest of this mail is a start at suggested some useful structure elements
for:
   1. The Forms
   2. The Quality procedure document
...it needs quite a bit more work done but I am interested firstly to see
what people think before I spend more time reworking some of the
architecture:

PART1: CHANGE/FEATURE THREE PHASE FORM SUBMISSION

+ Submission Phase
  + Change/Feature Proposal Form
    + Control Information
      - Raised date: (system generated)
      - Change Proposal number: : (system generated)
    + Identification
      - Requested by: (mandatory from originator)
      - Company: (optional from originator)
      - Department: (optional from originator)
      - Email: (mandatory from originator)
      - Address: (optional from originator)
      - Telephone: (mandatory from originator)
    + Summary of changes:
      - Title: (mandatory from originator)
      - Purpose: (optional from originator)
      - Description of problem issues: (mandatory from originator)
      - Justification of change: (optional from originator)
      - Current workaround: (optional from originator)
      - Change Type: (code | documentation)
+ Assessment Phase
   + Change management Control
      - Request for change (RFC) initial notification date:
      - Embargoed by:
   + level of industry support
      - priority:
   + likely impact
      - Configuration items potentially affected by change:
      - Impact on documentation:
      - related changes:
   + solicit views
      - Synopsis of change
      - Implementation notification required:
      - Proposed Release date/or implementation date:
+  Approval Phase
   + reject
      - unreasonable implementation time:
      - unreasonable cost:
      - no industry support:
      - other reasons:
   + defer
      - unreasonable implementation time:
      - unreasonable cost:
      - no industry support:
      - other reasons:
    + approve
      - Allocated to:
      - Allocated by:
      - Date proposed for system Testing:
      - Date proposed for Live running:
      - Action by:
      - Functionality checked by:
      - Code/Standards checked by:
      - Other systems impact checked by:
      - Comments
    + evaluated
    + fixed
    + tested

PART2: CHANGE/FEATURE REQUEST PROCEDURE DOCUMENT

+ Introduction
  - Definition: Formal Change/Feature Proposal for docbook
  + Objectives to formally document
    - Desired change to the docbook.
    - Rationale for the change.
    - Requestor of the change.
  + Benefits
     - Clarification of request
     - Requestors contact details
+ Contents
  - Requestor, Request Date, Change Request Identifier, Priority etc.
Rationale, Impact, Status, etc.
+ Responsibilities
  - Evaluator: (Members of TC)
  - Implementer: (Members of TC)
  - Tester: (Members of TC)
+ Process Steps
  - Feature/Change request received from web Form
  - Send Confirmation of received request
  - Raise Feature/Change request for assessment at telecom
  - Agree, reject or defer democratically in TC
  - Post implementation checks
  - Amend Request Status
+ Change/Feature request overview diagram:
  - (add process diagram here)
+ Preconditions
  - Change request form must have been filled in correctly
  - The change control meeting achieves quorum
  - etc...
+ Guidelines
  - Automated Forms and database
  - templates