Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20October 2004

Bob Stayton wrote:

> 6. Status of DTD version 4.4 beta
>
>    Norm posted 4.4CR1 in September to docbook.org, but it appears
>    that the announcement did not go out, so little testing was done.
>    Adam mentioned some fixes needed to some public identifiers.
>    Will restart with 4.4CR2.

I think that we can add here also issue that I raised at the very end of
telcon:

WD of DocBook specification in its section 5
(http://docbook.org/specs/wd-docbook-docbook-4.4CR1.html#docbook.v5)
says "DocBook V5.0 will be primarily an XML DTD.". But this contradicts
TC charter that talks about Relax NG for v5.0.

If I remember it correctly Norm suggested that he would make appropriate
editoral changes and he was also proposing that omitting section 5 and 6
from spec would be the best at all as many of information presented here
are out-of-date and doesn't correspond with future direction centered
about Relax NG.

We could add discussion about removing these two section into agenda for
the next month so there is a chance that we will not forgot about this
issue.

					Jirka

P.S. I would like thank to Norm for decoding my Czenglish. I added more
lessons of spoken English into my personal list of action items :-(

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature