Subject: Accessible Tables

From Larry:

Norm,

I was supposed to send this to you after the last meeting (so, I guess
I just barely have done so).  I found two tutorials on Accessible
tables that do a good job of explaining the how to use scope and Ids
with <th> elements.  They are easier to understand than the checklists
and formal specifications for HTML.  Hope these help.

   http://www.webaim.org/techniques/tables/

   http://www.jimthatcher.com/webcourse9.htm

LRR

[ Larry Rowland             | If you want to build a ship, don't drum ]
[ DTP in CSIL               | up the men to gather the wood, divide   ]
[ Hewlett-Packard           | the work, and give orders. Instead,     ]
[ 3404 East Harmony Road    | teach them to yearn for the vast and    ]
[ Fort Collins, CO  80528   | endless sea. - Antoine de Saint Exupery ]
[ FAX:   970/898-2188   E-Mail:larry.rowland@.hp.com                  ]

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Where are you dying
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | tonight?--Evelyn Waugh
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |