Subject: RE: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 November 2004
I was, in fact, not at the November meeting. I dialed in late due to a mistake in calculating the timezone offset. LRR > -----Original Message----- > From: Bob Stayton [mailto:email@example.com] > Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 10:38 AM > To: DocBook Technical Committee > Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org > Subject: [docbook-tc] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting > Minutes: 22 November 2004 > > > DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 November 2004 > ============================================================= > > The DocBook Technical Committee met on Monday, 22 Nov 2004 at > 05:00p EST (02:00p PST, 22:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, > 07:00JST+, 03:30a India+) for 80 minutes. > > > 1. Roll call > > Present: Gary Cornelius, Paul Grosso, > Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Mark Johnson, > Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton, Norman Walsh > > Regrets: Steven Cogorno, Dick Hamilton > > Absent: Adam Di Carlo > > 2. Accepting the corrected minutes of the previous meeting. > > Accepted. > > 3. Next meeting: 15 December 2004. > > OK. > > 4. Review of the agenda. > > Mike added two new RFE's to item 11. > > 5. Review of open action items > > a. Mike to provide a better proposal for choicelist markup. > > Remove from action item list for now. > > b. Norm to write second draft charter. > > Continue. > > c. Norm to recast his example annotation implementation using the > two element names (alt and annotation), and will > restart a discussion on the list. > > Continue. > > d. Nancy will write up some text for accepting or > rejecting requests, to be discussed > at the next meeting. > > Completed. > > 6. Status of DTD version 4.4.  > > No feedback from the list since the CR2 release. > The TC decided to test it with the DocBook test suite. > > ACTION: Norm to update the test suite with 4.4 features. > > ACTION: Mike to write up the test suite process. > > ACTION: Bob to review minutes to ensure new features are tested. > > OASIS has not yet reinstated Committee Specifications as > an option for OASIS work. Still pending. > > 7. Consider removing sections 5 and 6 from the DTD specs. > > For version 4.4, Norm had already edited section 5 (which > discussed 5.0) and removed section 6 (which discussed 6.0). > > 8. Annotation proposal (Mike).    > Continued from previous meeting. > > Norm will complete his action item to update his sample site > with the proposed elements. Will discuss at the December meeting. > > 9. Accessibility.   > Includes table accessibility.  > Continued from previous meeting. > > Nancy asked if table accessibility can be improved with > new DocBook elements or attributes? Most features can > be provided by stylesheets. One feature that could > not was row headers. The CALS table spec does not provide > markup for row headers. Paul pointed out that DITA has > proposed a rowhead attribute on a table element to indicate > "firstcolumn" or "none". > > ACTION: Jirka will post this suggestion to the docbook list > for discussion. > > 10. Discuss guidelines for accepting or rejecting requests. > Continued from previous meeting. > > Nancy's email had not yet reached everyone, so this was > postponed until the December meeting. > > 11. Review of Requests for Enhancement > > To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line): > > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&; > group_id=21935&atid=384107&aid=XXXX > > 1055480 RFE: Make revnumber optional > > The Committee acknowledged that not all revisions are made > under a system of revision numbering. ACCEPTED. Too late > for 4.4, however. > > > 1070770 Procedure in example > > The Committee accepted the premise, but expressed concern > about putting an element that can have a title inside > a formal element that has a title. Since the > inner title is optional, it is the author's call. > ACCEPTED. Too late for 4.4, however. > > 1070458 Allow colophon in article > > Much discussion about the role of a colophon, and why > it might be needed for an article, and whether any > other markup would suffice. The proposal was made to > add colophon to the collection of elements that can > appear at the end of an article. ACCEPTED, with > Norm abstaining. Too late for 4.4, however. > > > Meeting adjourned at 6:20pm > ************************************************************** > > The following RFEs are awaiting action items > > 973446 Replace Footnote with Annotation > 413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME (Norm, generic linking) > 431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability (Norm) > 522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element (Mike, > annotations) > 565637 Associate non-inline image with link (Norm, > generic linking) > 574880 Add annotation element (Mike) > 623524 (Re)Consider "choicelist" markup (Mike) > > The following RFEs are identified as V5.0 or later > > 974285 Check floatstyle/float attributes > 958393 remove default class value from productname > 531851 Remove inline person name elements > 532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry > - --- > >  > http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200410/msg0002 5.html  http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4CR2/  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200406/msg00003.html  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200406/msg00005.html  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200408/msg00002.html  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200408/msg00003.html  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200410/msg00021.html Bob Stayton Sagehill Enterprises DocBook Consulting email@example.com To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/docbook-tc/members/leave_wo rkgroup.php.